Thursday, January 24, 2013

Another praise!

I don't want to forget....God answered another prayer.....


When we got to Louisville, the power was turned off at our house. The person who lived here before us couldn't pay the bill so the electric company turned it off. Brent left the girls and I at the house and drove to get the power turned on. I was so ready to unpack that I got busy opening boxes.  The girls were exploring. For an hour and a half, I worked and they played. I was so busy that I didn't realize it was FREEZING until Ivy came up to me shivering and said, "mom, can you help me find a box with my clothes? I need a coat. I am cold." I felt terrible. The girls were so cold. I loaded them up and went to Target.(It's only 1/2 a mile from our house..)

In the meantime, Brent had to drive his pick up truck down to the "BIG" city. Did I tell you that Brent has a hard time in cities? He is a true COUNTRY boy! If you want a laugh, call us and he can tell you all about his time downtown. He had on his camaflodge jacket trying to find the social secutiry office. We had to have our social secutiry card to get the power turned on in our name. Neither of us had one. When Brent found the SS office, he found that it had closed at lunch that day. He went on to the power company. I know that our family and friends were praying for us! The power company lady was so nice. She did us a HUGE favor. She turned it on without having a SS card and also turned it on that night. She told us it usually takes three days to get it turned on. Father, Thank you for turning on our power! Thank you for helping daddy not get lost and for getting him back home!

No comments: