Saturday, September 15, 2012

SKY TOP


We took Ivy to the Apple Orchard! This was my most favorite trip! Cat told me about Sky Top and I love it! The orchard sits on top of a mountain and has the most gorgeous view!  They have hay rides, apple cider slushies, play grounds, pumpkins, butternut squash, rabbits, geese, sheep, a bamboo forest and apple donuts. Ivy really enjoyed picking her own apples. I'm really not sure if she was supposed to climb the tree to pick her apples. BUT she did! AND she loved it! Our favorite apple of the day was the mutzu apples.

"I'm so thankful for these two! What a fun day we had!"

"Trying to decide which way to go...Ivy always has a plan and it sometimes doesn't match her daddy's plans!"

"Ivy in her patchwork skirt!"


"Climbing a tree in a skirt!"

"Mom, I got the biggest, juiciest one on this tree!"










 So we headed down to feed the geese. I said, "Ivy, here is you a quarter, go feed the ducks!" She kept on walking. I thought she didn't hear me so I said, "Ivy, here is you a quarter, go down there and feed the ducks."  She stopped and looked at me and said, "Mom, ducks don't eat quarters do they?"  It was hilarious! She was so serious! Brent and I laughed so hard! My favorite moment of the day. She totally didn't realize that I meant go put the quarter in that machine and get the corn to feed the ducks. I left out a lot of details and confused her!

"Mom, these are heavy!"

A little tired and mad that we made her carry her apples!

BEES! BEES! BEES!

Bagging her apples with her dad!


I really am so thankful for the day we had yesterday! We loved the orchard. We missed Hayley but we are thankful for the time that God gave for the three of us to be together. Brent and I realized how important it was just to spend the day with Ivy! She needed it and we did too! Thank you grandparents for watching our sweet Hayley girl!

 Hayley, when you get older and don't have to stay in the stroller all day, we will take you to the orchard too! 

 (I just have a sneaking suspicion that Hayley had so much fun with her grandpa's that she didn't even know we were gone!! They spoil her ABSOLUTELY ROTTEN!!!!)

Oh, did I tell you all that I love the orchard? I really hope to go to the orchard again! (Jana and Cat are you listening???? We've talked about going to the orchard....when are we going???? And Ellen, you love apples and Leah needs and outing...when are we going to the orchard?????)  To my other family and friends....the orchard is so fun! I'll go with you if you want me too!  lol!!!!

After the orchard, we went to the fair! It was ok! We walked around and looked at the animals and Ivy loved riding the Farris Wheel. But, the orchard was our favorite! (or at least it was my favorite!)

No comments: