Wednesday, February 13, 2013

He is to me....

WOW! Two weeks of craziness! God really has been showing me that He so much more than I ever give Him credit for! He is so good! He is to me more precious than Gold!

Ivy had the stomach bug and the same night we had a tornado watch. So we spent the night in the basement, with sirens going off and Ivy being sick. God, thank you for being powerful (Ha Gevurah) like the tornado and for directing the tornado away from us!
Two days later, I got the stomach bug. God, you knew that one of my biggest fears in moving away from family was what will happen when I get sick? God you were my strength.  (Yahweh Uzzi--the Lord My Strength!) You worked in the girls hearts that day and they were AMAZING! It was you in the house allowing Hayley to take a long nap and Ivy to be content reading.
A week later, Brent and Hayley got the stomach bug. God, I praise you that you have healed us all. You are Jehovah Rapha--the Lord our Healer. Thank you for a new pediatrician for the girls. The office is two minutes from our house and their new doctor is so sweet. Thank you that we were in and out of the office in twenty minutes. Thank you that even thought Hayley's fever was so high you protected her and you healed her! You also knew the perfect time for us to get sick. You knew that it had to happen when it did because the very next day, our sewer system failed.

Yes, I was brushing my teeth and felt my feet getting wet. The toilet flooded the bathroom. The washing machine leaked too. We found out the next day that the city sewer system outside our house was broken. It was a little crazy with company here (Sharon and Ruth) and only getting to flush the toilet's a couple times a day and not getting to take showers at our house for 5 days now but God is still amazing. God, thank you for being Jehovah-Shalom--the Lord our Peace. Thank you Lord, for allowing Brent and I to get a shower tonight at the school gym. Thank you for hot water! You give us good gifts like hot water and heat because you are LOVING KINDNESS!!

As the workers were trying to fix the sewer system today, they accidentally cut our water line and the gas line. The whole street was blocked off with fire trucks and police cars. God, you are our protector. You are El Roi--the God who sees. You kept our house from blowing up when the gas line was cut, you protected the workers, and Brent. God you are El Emunach the Faithful God. You allowed the girls to NOT be here when the gas line and water line was cut. They had already left going to NC with Aunt Sharon and Aunt Ruth. Lord, your timing is perfect. You are so GOOD!

Lord, I just know that you will fix our sewer system soon. I know that you see the piles of dirty clothes and dishes that need water. I just know that you know we have to leave for NC in two days and my desire to not leave the house in chaos. I know that you know me better than I know myself and that if I have to leave piles of dishes and dirty clothes you are using it for my good because you are Jehovah-M'Kaddesh--The Lord who Sanctifies! Thanks for not giving up on me God. I long and need to be more like your Son Jesus!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is awesome.