It’s been fun to be back together…the four of us…in our cozy little house here in KY. Yes, it’s been cold. Like 6 below zero at times, but we’ve just put on more layers and enjoyed our time together. One of the things I like best about being here, is dinner time. Almost every night, the four of us sit down together and eat dinner and well it’s just the BEST!
Here are a few pictures of late:
|Matt and Alicia got Ivy a new game called Headbands. It's a fun game! Brent and I really need to brush up on our Disney Character's.! Thanks, Matt and Alicia. Can't wait until February for you to come play it with us!|
|Hayley loved wearing the headband.|
I'm so thankful that Hayley is doing much better on the potty!
|A dirty face....spaghetti sauce face!!! STUBBORN Girl! Funny Girl! Love her so much!|
|Sharing an afternoon snack of oranges and Toast|
|It's fun to cuddle up and read!|
|These two...what do I do with these two?????|
|Nana got the girls a playdough set...one that you can make your own candy with!|
|We are studying about Australia in our STOW 2 book. We made Australian "Anzac" Biscuits|
|Before they went into the oven they looked like "normal" biscuits.|
|When they came out of the oven, they looked like cookies.|
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon boiling water
- Wash hands and collect all ingredients.
- Pre heat oven to 350
- Line a biscuit tray with baking paper
- Sift flour and sugar into large mixing bowl. Add oats and coconut. Make a well in the centre.
- Combine butter and golden syrup in small pan. Stir over low heat until butter is melted and mixture smooth. Removve from heat.
- Dissolve soda in water; add immediatly to butter mixture. It will foam up instantly.
- Add butter mixture to dry ingredients. Mix with spoon until well combined.
- Roll one level Tablespoon of mixture into balls and flatten slightly on tray. Allow room for spreading.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until just browned.
- Remove from oven and transfer onto cooling rack.