Sunday, June 21, 2015

God's Kindness!

At Cades Cove June 5th, 2015
God is so Kind! God is faithful! God is Trustworthy! God is GOOD!!!

I am sitting at a rehabilitation facility with my mom. With the help of the Physical Therapist, mom walked/scooted to the chair and that is where she is now.

Mom had surgery on Wednesday, June 10 on her colon. In recovery, moms body passed a blood clot. It went to her brain and caused a stroke. I'm not a doctor so I might not have said that all right but that is how I understand it to have happened.  It was hard news to hear when the doctors told us that mom had suffered a massive stroke and "if" she made it, it would be a long road. That night was very hard for me. I was very nauseous. I fully trusted that if mom died she would be with Jesus! I even told God over and over it was ok. My stomach just wouldn't stop hurting. I couldn't cry. Every time the door opened, I looked up and expected the nurse to tell us that mom had died. I was consumed for a few hours about being "ready" to hear the news that she was gone. I like to control things like that. I didn't understand at the time what I was doing but was thankful when the Lord convicted me and brought peace to my soul. He reminded me that He knew the exact moment when she would die and that I didn't have to give him permission, get myself ready, be strong, etc. God was with us in the waiting room while mom had her surgery, in the hospital room while we were waiting for hours for her to wake up, when we saw mom in the recovery room, when the neuro surgeon told us the hard news, when we realized that mom couldn't talk, that she couldn't move her right side and He is with us now eleven days later. He has never left us and His presence has become sweeter with each passing moment.

Mom is doing so much better. The rehab facility that she is at now is amazing. She is starting to make sounds, getting some small movement back in her arm and leg. She is so sweet! She smiles, squeezes our hand, hugs us, and we are starting to communicate in other ways besides words.

I have so much to thank God for! I praise God for His perfect timing! God allowed us to finish seminary and move back one month before her surgery! Thank You God that we were here in NC when mom had her stroke! God allowed my parents to retire in January. Thank you God that my dad is retired and can be with mom every day. For months, we have been praying for God's direction on where we are supposed to be. Thank you God that you have us here for now! You are so kind to answer our prayers! God has surrounded us with brothers and sisters in Christ to love us! Thank you God for the prayers of the Saints, food, money, calls,cards, a bible study on the book of James, friends who came to clean my bathrooms, change my sheets, phone calls, text messages, and the way you have comforted our hearts. God saw fit to give us more time with mom. Thank you God for her smile, her hugs, the way she bows her head when we pray. I am sad that mom is not the same now as she was eleven days ago and that she has had so much pain but I Love her this way too! She is just plain SWEET! God allowed us to have alot of family time before moms surgery. Looking back, I see God's kindness in allowing us to go to Cades Cove on a picnic, go to several flea markets, go shopping and just be together. Thank you God, for sweet time with mom and dad! God is kind to allow me to see His love for me and our family! I see how He is using this trial in many ways to encourage, convict, lead us to repentance, see our need for Him and experience joy in resting in Him. Thank You God, for producing steadfastness in me! I want it! I long for it! I need it!  "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." Jams 1: 2-4

Here are some pictures of us a week before moms surgery at Cades Cove. We really appreciate all of your continued prayers!




































1 comment:

Like Sugar with a T said...

Thank you for the update. I love you and please tell your mom the Shugarts are praying for her!