Saturday, August 10, 2013

Lately....

We have had a great summer.  Thankful to homeschool this gal!

Thankful for friends to celebrate bdays with! Sonny, Berna, Luke and Jake made mommy a bday cake and pizza!

I tried so hard to get a picture of the girls in these dresses from Memaw!



Ivy reads and Ivy reads! Praise the Lord that He has gifted her by allowing her to love reading!

I have to make Ivy stop reading. She takes books with her in the car, in the grocery store to sit in the buggie, out to eat at resteraunts. I really do thank God for answering this prayer and allowing her to learn to read.


There are so many things that the girls say and do that I think I will never forget but I do forget so much.  Here is a recent conversation that Ivy and I had. We were praying for a few close friends of mine who want to get pregnant. We prayed for them by name. At the end of the prayer,

Ivy said, "Mom, Why don't they just adopt?"
I said, "Well, some of them are open to adoption but some of them don't know how to get started with adoption or are praying about starting the process." 
Ivy said, "We can tell them how." 
I said, "What would you tell them?" 
Ivy said,  "Well, first you pray about it for a long time, then get on the computer and find a baby that needs you, then you get on the airplane and go over there or maybe over here because it might be here, then you bring them home and you tell them about Jesus every day."
I said, "Ivy, would you like for us to adopt again?"
Ivy said, "Yes, I want a brother! It's ok if it's a girl though."


Girls being silly at Lindsey's house!


We went to our friend Lindsey and Ben's house. We had a cookout. Lindsey made homemade buns to go with yummy hamburgers! We celebrated God's faithfulness to answer prayer. (Lindsey is our dear friend who we met at orientation when we first came to seminary.) We have been praying that God would allow Lindsey to get pregnant and GOD answered! We can't wait to meet baby Ward! God, thank you so much for this gift of life that you have given to Lindsey and Ben!


1 comment:

Lindsey and Ben said...

So thankful for your family and your faithful prayers for us! Love you guys! :)