Monday, December 31, 2012

A few good books.....


 
Big Truths for Little Kids by Susan Hunt  and Richie Hunt was a great introduction for our whole family of the Catechism. We enjoyed reading the fictional stories and talking about the truths taught. I do recommend this book. There are a few things toward the end of the book that my wonderful husband said, “I’m not a 100% sure about that!” but those of you who know him know that He thinks a lot! He did say it was a good book! He read the whole book with Ivy. This is a good one!

Lauren and Matt gave this book to Ivy for Christmas. It's called Talents by Irene Howat. We just read about Anne Lawson. We like it! We can tell you more in a couple of days!


Ivy got God's Names by Sally Michael for Christmas. She has already learned four of God's names. I love this book. It is so good! Brent loves this book. Look for this one! Ask for it for a birthday present! 


Jesus Calling Bible Storybook by Sarah Young. I love the adult version of Jesus Calling. God really has used it in my life. I saw this kids version at Sams. It's good. My favorite kids bible is still the Jesus Story Book bible but this is one is good too. The pictures are great.




Ivy and I really enjoyed reading Tabitha’s Travels: A Family Story for Advent.  This was an awesome fiction story about the daughter of a shepherd who is taking his family to his birthplace.  It is full of adventure.  Each chapter leaves you longing to continue reading. I mean it was so hard to put it down each night. Ivy begged me to keep reading and because I loved it so much I often did! At the end of each chapter, the author had great devotionals and tied every adventure back to Jesus and the reason He came, died and rose again. Each devotional was convicting and made me really want to worship my great King! It truly is one of my most favorite books. You have to get this book. I had to stop a lot and explain some things that were a little “deep” but I like stretching Ivy’s brain and in the process stretching my brain! 

Thank you God for books!!!!!!  Even board books are good! Thanks God! What a gift!


If I had millions of dollars, I would buy all my family and friends one of these books. God has used Comforts from the Cross by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick to convict, encourage, get me in the word and then to worship! It's good!

No comments: